DRI Consulting coaches leaders at all levels in an organization, from front-line supervisors to senior executives to business owners. We work closely with the person being coached (and relevant/proper internal staff when possible as an integrated coaching team). Leaders increase their professional and personal success and satisfaction. The work teams, organizations, business partners and families of these leaders also benefit greatly.
We provide assessment and coaching within the unique competency/skills models of our client organizations. Often we coach highly successful people with a single "Achilles heal" or specific behavior that overshadows and endangers their success.
Nearly 1000 senior leaders in organizations of all sizes have been coached by DRI consultants. in over half a century of combined work. As "coaches to coaches" for nearly 20 years, we have taught and trained masters and doctoral level consultants to be great coaches. When possible and proper, we partner with internal staff in the client organization, to better serve the person being coached. This nearly always includes the manager/sponsor of the person being coached.
Phases of a typical Coaching Program include:
- Confirm Expectations: Get a clear understanding of the coaching work between the Executive or Individual, their boss(es), the Organization, and the coach.
- Assess: Gather objective and subjective information to define the Executive's or Individual's needs for development and potentially identify factors affecting performance.
- Establish Goals: The coaching team establishes development goals to guide the coaching work.
- Individualized Coaching: Coach provides resources and structure to assist the Executive or Individual to reach the established goals.
- Transition: Move from the coaching program to the Executive's or Individual's ongoing development process.
Common topics covered in our Executive and Individual Coaching programs include:
- We begin with project planning and assessment in some form. We continue throughout the project to seek information and modify the workplan as needed. This helps ensure you get the right services from us at the right time and at the right cost
- We begin with project planning and assessment in some form. We continue throughout the project to seek information and modify the workplan as needed. This helps ensure you get the right services from us at the right time and at the right cost. Sometimes coaching is not the best solution or the only solution for the circumstances, people involved or the timeframe. We will work closely with you to determine this upfront and throughout the project
- We use the Executives' or Individuals' current real world challenges as an opportunity to practice new skills. Thus, the coaching focuses on the projects already on the Executive's or Individual's"to do" list, and helps the Executive or Individual get real work done
- We build on what's good and working in individuals and Organizations. We work with high achieving people to help them become even better
- We offer the option for Executives and Individuals to better understand their own "work personality", through web-enabled assessment instruments
- We focus on results, through a Personal Learning Contract that specifies action plans, dates, and outcomes
- Our assessment approach helps ensure we provide what is necessary at the time it is needed
- Written Summary of Work Personality Profile Information for the Organization
- Multi-rater feedback. Depending on the goals of the coaching, multi-rater feedback can be added to the Needs Assessment phase. The multi-rater feedback can be gathered through a webenabled 360-feedback instrument, personal interviews, or a combination of both
- Mental Ability Measure. If you would like to include a mental ability measure as part of the needs assessment, we can add the Employee Aptitude Survey. The EAS offers a highly predictive and job-specific battery of mental ability measures
- Custom Satisfaction Surveys of Executive's or Individual's Business Unit